The Personal's 2019 Scholarship for Engineering Students in Ontario
Thanks to the generosity of The Personal Insurance Company, OSPE's official provider of home and auto insurance, OSPE is pleased to present The Personal Scholarship for Engineering Students in Ontario, an exciting scholarship for OSPE's student members who are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in engineering.
The Personal Scholarship awards $2,500 each to four outstanding students, to be used towards their engineering education at an accredited Ontario university. Scholarships are awarded based on:
- Academic excellence
- Extracurricular activities and demonstrated leadership within the campus and general community
- How the applicant plans to continue contributing to the betterment of the engineering community after graduating
Who can apply?
- Undergraduate OSPE student members graduating from their engineering program by December 31,
2019at any Ontario university recognized by the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board (CEAB).
- Students currently pursuing a masters or doctorate program in engineering at any Ontario university recognized by the CEAB.
- Each engineering school may submit a maximum of two undergraduate and two graduate student nominations for consideration.
- Applicants must also be members of OSPE in good standing to be considered. Prospective candidates can learn more about the free OSPE student membership and join online at www.ospe.on.ca/students
How to apply?
Complete an application form and return it to the dean at your engineering school with a copy of your transcript from the last full year of study completed. If you are selected for recommendation, the dean will supply a letter of recommendation and forward it along with your application form and transcript to our Scholarship Selection Committee for consideration. Good luck!
- Applications from the Dean are due to the Scholarship Selection Committee by December 28, 2018
- Scholarship winners will be notified by April 2019
- Winners will be announced at the OSPE Annual General Meeting on May 8, 2019
Please note: Only winners will be contacted.
Contact Natasha Reid at email@example.com