Political Action Network (PAN)
Advocating for change on behalf of Ontario's engineers
OSPE’s Political Action Network (PAN) was launched in 2006 to provide members with an opportunity to advocate for their own profession. PAN volunteers help build a strong, consistent message by meeting with government officials to discuss a range of issues affecting engineers, such as:
- The need for greater government support for engineering research and innovation
- Improving labour market conditions for engineers
- Energy policy including nuclear energy
- Transportation and infrastructure in their perspective regions
- Develop long-term relationships with elected officials from each party, encouraging them to adopt OSPE policy solutions or become a champion on a particular issue that impacts engineers
- Ensure the profession has a local representative at town hall meetings, MPP/MP receptions, and stakeholder consultations throughout the province
- Enhance relationships within the greater engineering community, including the profession's regulatory body, Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO), through collaboration with regional PEO Chapters
Take a look at summaries of our recent meetings with MPPs.
Join the Political Action Network
Are you interested in becoming joining the Political Action Network? Learn more.