Examinations Skills Preparation for
International Engineering Graduates
This 33-hour program is specifically designed for international engineering graduates (IEGs). It provides a foundational background on the topics addressed in the Professional Practice Examination (PPE) as administered by PEO in Ontario. The PPE must be taken and passed as a requirement to become licensed as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Ontario
The course fee includes the required law textbook, supplementary exam booklet, course manual and 1-year membership with the Ontario Society of Professional Engineers, subject to course attendance and eligibility.
The Exam Skills program has been funded for a 3-year period and will run every January – March, May – July
- Applicants must be international engineering graduates with an undergraduate degree from outside Canada.
- Applicants must be Canadian Citizens, permanent residents or convention refugees. International students and temporary foreign workers are not eligible for the program.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 3 years of relevant engineering work experience (international or Canadian).
- Priority is given to applicants who have received a letter from Professional Engineers Ontario indicating eligibility to write the PPE.
- Applicants with a CLB (or equivalent) of 7 or higher will be given priority.
Please note that while all candidates who meet the eligibility requirements above are encouraged to apply, meeting minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission into the program.
Step 1: Completion of the online application form.
Step 2: Applicants receive an email to provide supporting documentation which will be considered along with the application form.
Step 3: Once supporting documents are received, a 20-minute telephone conversation is booked with the applicant to discuss next steps.
You will receive payment instructions once you've been accepted into the program
OSPE reserves the right to cancel a course no later than seven days prior to the course start date. If the course is canceled, a full refund will be issued. OSPE is not responsible for travel arrangements and accommodation costs, or any associated cancellation/change fees. Please contact us at 1-866-763-1654 to confirm that the course is running before making arrangements for travel and accommodations. Please review our Course Cancellation, Withdrawl