PPE Exam Skills Preparation for IEGs
Passing the PPE is a requirement for licensure but being able to apply these concepts in industry is a specialization for life. Our goal? To provide a foundation for success on the PPE and beyond.
The Benefits of Enrolment
Unrivalled Resources and Features
- Over 30 hours of classroom instruction on the PPE
- Small class sizes led by highly knowledgeable instructors
- Materials including course manual, law textbook & sample PPE questions and answers
- Networking with colleagues
Learning at an Ideal Pace
- We give you time to engage with the material, learn the concepts and ask questions
- We build in writing exercises and classroom discussion so you can practice applying the concepts to questions on the exam – and to industry.
- It’s about more than preparing for the exam. It's about elevating your profession.
- Learn how to understand complex PPE documents such as the Ontario Code of Ethics, Professional Misconduct, PEO’s Act and Regulation 941
- Knowledge of the Code of Ethics, ethical duties of engineers, regulation of the profession, product liability, professional misconduct, disciplinary procedures and more!
- Acquire knowledge about profesional liability, the legal/ethical duties of engineers and more!
- Study the Canadian legal system to interpret tort and contract law
- Gain confidence on all PPE topics and apply your knowledge to achieve success on the exam and beyond
Eligible participants will enjoy access to post-program resources up to 1-year after completing the program:
- Supporting you when you resubmit your Experience Record post-PPE - OSPE's workshop "Preparing your PEO Experience Record" (over $200 value)
- Meeting you wherever you are in your career - 1-hour of personalized job coaching with career expert Paul Hill (over $200 value)
- Advanced notification about upcoming workshops and industry events
- 1-year OSPE membership with access to all exclusive member benefits
Track Record of Success
- 80% say they better understand the standards and behaviours expected of them as an engineer in Canada
- 84% say they gained a better understanding of the engineering profession in Canada
- 90% say the technical content prepared them for the PPE
Exceptional Value of $99 +HST
Still not convinced?
Read what some of our past students have to say about the program
At the start of the program, I just wanted to pass the exam. However, I learned that to be a professional engineer, passing the exam is not enough; you have to understand how these lectures and classroom discussions arm you to succeed and use then use them in your daily practices to protect the public.
I passed the PPE Exam in my first attempt and am using essential key concepts I learned in the program in my profession now.
- KW, Program Graduate
This bridge training program is not just a training program but a guiding light for new Canadians and anyone seeking to begin a career in Ontario’s Engineering sector.
The program was specifically useful to understand the engineering requirements to work in Ontario as the role of Engineers in Canada is different when compared to my previous experience. The program provided excellent study material and knowledge helping to crack the Professional Practice Examinations.
- JV, Program Graduate
The bridge training program helped to familiarize me with law and ethics exam questions and how to answer them. It also helped me a lot to manage my time during the exam. I believe that without this program, I would not have managed to pass the exam.
- YE, Program Graduate
- Applicants must be international engineering graduates with an undergraduate degree from outside Canada.
- Applicants must be Canadian Citizens, permanent residents or convention refugees. International students and temporary foreign workers are not eligible for the program.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 3 years of relevant engineering work experience (international or Canadian).
- Priority is given to applicants who have received a letter from Professional Engineers Ontario indicating eligibility to write the PPE.
- Applicants with a CLB (or equivalent) of 7 or higher will be given priority.
Step 1: Completion of the online application form.
Step 2: Applicants receive an email to provide supporting documentation which will be considered along with the application form.
Step 3: Once supporting documents are received, a 20-minute telephone conversation is booked with the applicant to discuss next steps.
You will receive payment instructions once you've been accepted into the program
OSPE reserves the right to cancel a course no later than seven days prior to the course start date. If the course is canceled, a full refund will be issued. OSPE is not responsible for travel arrangements and accommodation costs, or any associated cancellation/change fees. Please contact us at 1-866-763-1654 to confirm that the course is running before making arrangements for travel and accommodations. Please review our Course Cancellation, Withdrawl