Board Election 2017
Do you want to become a driving force at OSPE, and help increase the public’s awareness of the role of your profession in society?
This spring, OSPE will be holding its annual Board of Directors election. The Society is encouraging all Professional members to consider running or nominating a qualified candidate to sit on our Board. OSPE elections are structured to ensure a turnover of one-third of our board members each year. Four positions are open as a result of this rotation for the 2017 election. Nominations open on Monday, January 2, 2017 and must be received by Monday, January 30, 2017. Election results will be announced at the 2017 OSPE Annual General Meeting on Thursday, May 4, 2017.
- Nomination Form and Important Information
- Duties and Responsibilities of a Director
- Frequently Asked Questions
- January 2: Nominations open
- January 30: Nominations close
- March 20: Ballots and candidate information sent to members – voting opens
- April 17: Voting closes
- May 4: Election results announced at the 2017 OSPE Annual General Meeting
How to Vote
All Professional, Associate, Intern and Honourary members in good standing are eligible to vote. When you receive your election material, please take a few moments to vote in this important election. It's your profession – it's your voice.
An independent agency, BigPulse, has been engaged to issue, collect and tabulate returned ballots and report on ballot results. Voting packages will be sent via e-mail for all OSPE members in good standing and with a valid e-mail address. Those members without a valid e-mail address will be sent their voting package via regular mail. Please refer to the ballot you received for detailed instructions on how to vote.
If you are eligible to vote in the 2017 OSPE election, you have two voting options:
- Online: Locate your control number listed in the voting package you received from BigPulse. Visit the website and enter your control number where indicated, then follow the directions. You may vote for up to four candidates, each for a three-year term. Indicate your voting decisions by checking the boxes of up to four candidates. If you attempt to submit a vote with more candidates selected in any term category than there are positions open for that category, you will receive an error message. Any subsequent votes will be invalid.
- Mail Ballot: This option is only for members who received their election package via regular mail. Please refer to the printed voting package you received from BigPulse. You may vote for four candidates, each for a three-year term. Place a check mark in the box beside the name of each candidate you wish to vote for. If you place a check mark beside more candidate names than there are positions open in any term category, your vote will be invalid. Mail your marked ballot in the business reply envelope provided. Do not mail your ballot to the OSPE office. If you have already voted using the online voting option, your mailed ballot will be invalid.
If you are certain that you are eligible to vote but did not receive a voting package, please contact Valeria Mueller at 1-866-763-1654, ext. 235.
Candidate ProfilesTo be confirmed (TBC).
For more information please contact Valeria Mueller at email@example.com or 1-866-763-1654, ext. 235.