Board Election 2017
Election packages and the Notice of Meeting for the OSPE Annual General Meeting and General Assembly will be sent out on March 20, 2017.
On March 20th, all OSPE members in good standing who have provided a valid email address will instantly receive their required election material. Those members who have not provided an email address will be sent their voting package via regular mail.
You must submit your votes by April 17, 2017. Election results will be announced at OSPE’s Annual General Meeting on May 4, 2017.
Election and AGM/General Assembly Documents
- Nomination Form and Important Information
- Duties and Responsibilities of a Director
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Election 2017 Candidate Profiles and Notice of Annual General Meeting
- Rationale for OSPE's Proposed Bylaw Changes 2017
- General Assembly Agenda
- Annual General Meeting Agenda
- Bylaw No. 2, May 4, 2017
- Proxy Vote for Annual General Meeting
- Réjeanne Aimey, P.Eng.
- Dr. Matthew Jelavic, P.Eng.
- Marcelo König Sarkis, P.Eng.
- Glenn R. Sutton, P. Eng., PMP
- Tibor Turi, P.Eng. Ph.D.
- Christina Visser, P.Eng., MBA
- Angela Wojtyla, P.Eng.
- January 2: Nominations open
- January 30: Nominations close
- March 20: Ballots and candidate information sent to members – voting opens
- April 17: Voting closes
- May 4: Election results announced at the 2017 OSPE Annual General Meeting
How to Vote
All Professional, Associate, Intern and Honourary members in good standing are eligible to vote. When you receive your election material, please take a few moments to vote in this important election. It's your profession – it's your voice.
An independent agency, BigPulse, has been engaged to issue, collect and tabulate returned ballots and report on ballot results. Voting packages will be sent via e-mail for all OSPE members in good standing and with a valid e-mail address. Those members without a valid e-mail address will be sent their voting package via regular mail. Please refer to the ballot you received for detailed instructions on how to vote.
If you are eligible to vote in the 2017 OSPE election, you have two voting options:
- Online: Locate your control number listed in the voting package you received from BigPulse. Visit the website and enter your control number where indicated, then follow the directions. You may vote for up to four candidates, each for a three-year term. Indicate your voting decisions by checking the boxes of up to four candidates. If you attempt to submit a vote with more candidates selected in any term category than there are positions open for that category, you will receive an error message. Any subsequent votes will be invalid.
- Mail Ballot: This option is only for members who received their election package via regular mail. Please refer to the printed voting package you received from BigPulse. You may vote for four candidates, each for a three-year term. Place a check mark in the box beside the name of each candidate you wish to vote for. If you place a check mark beside more candidate names than there are positions open in any term category, your vote will be invalid. Mail your marked ballot in the business reply envelope provided. Do not mail your ballot to the OSPE office. If you have already voted using the online voting option, your mailed ballot will be invalid.
If you are certain that you are eligible to vote but did not receive a voting package, please contact Valeria Mueller at 1-866-763-1654, ext. 235.
For more information please contact Valeria Mueller at email@example.com or 1-866-763-1654, ext. 235.