Board Election 2018
Election and AGM Documents
- 2018 Nomination Form Instructions for Candidate Material
- Duties and Responsibilities of a Director
- Frequently Asked Questions
To be confirmed.
- January 2: Nominations open
- January 30: Nominations close
- March 19: Ballots and candidate information sent to members – voting opens
- April 16: Voting closes
- May 8: Election results announced at the 2018 OSPE Annual General Meeting
How to Vote
All Professional, Associate, Intern and Honourary members in good standing are eligible to vote. When you receive your election material, please take a few moments to vote in this important election. It's your profession – it's your voice.
An independent agency, BigPulse, has been engaged to issue, collect and tabulate returned ballots and report on ballot results. Voting packages will be sent via e-mail for all OSPE members in good standing and with a valid e-mail address. Those members without a valid e-mail address will be sent their voting package via regular mail. Please refer to the ballot you received for detailed instructions on how to vote.
If you are eligible to vote in the 2018 OSPE election, you have two voting options:
- Online: Locate your control number listed in the voting package you received from BigPulse. Visit the website and enter your control number where indicated, then follow the directions. You may vote for up to four candidates, each for a three-year term. Indicate your voting decisions by checking the boxes of up to four candidates. If you attempt to submit a vote with more candidates selected in any term category than there are positions open for that category, you will receive an error message. Any subsequent votes will be invalid.
- Mail Ballot: This option is only for members who received their election package via regular mail. Please refer to the printed voting package you received from BigPulse. You may vote for four candidates, each for a three-year term. Place a check mark in the box beside the name of each candidate you wish to vote for. If you place a check mark beside more candidate names than there are positions open in any term category, your vote will be invalid. Mail your marked ballot in the business reply envelope provided. Do not mail your ballot to the OSPE office. If you have already voted using the online voting option, your mailed ballot will be invalid.
If you are certain that you are eligible to vote but did not receive a voting package, please contact Valeria Mueller at 1-866-763-1654, ext. 235 or Dana Thomson, ext. 227.