Why does advocacy matter?
- Engineers are leaders, innovators
andproblem solvers. Isn’t it time that engineers receive the credit, influence andrespect they deserve?
- OSPE examines policy issues from an engineering lens and provides applicable research and recommendations to stimulate public discussion and help
make informed decisions. government
- Through OSPE, Ontario’s engineers have a unified and assertive voice that communicates the value and importance of their work to the government, media
Why is engineering input needed in public policy
- Engineers and engineering-degree holders possess the technical knowledge and skills required to identify and develop engineering solutions to global challenges that can maximize societal
while minimizing unintended consequences. benefit,
- The range of complex policy issues facing
decisions-makerspresents a great opportunity for engineers to contribute to the province and our society.