The voice of the engineering profession in Ontario
The Ontario Society of Professional Engineers (OSPE) is the voice of the engineering profession in Ontario. We represent the entire engineering community, including professional engineers, engineering graduates and students who work or will work in several of the most strategic sectors of Ontario’s economy.
OSPE elevates the profile of the profession by advocating with governments, offering valued member services and providing opportunities for ongoing learning, networking and community building.
OSPE was formed in 2000 after members of Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) voted to separate regulatory and advocacy functions into two distinct organizations.
Mission, Vision and Values
As a strong, progressive organization, OSPE supports, represents, and advances the engineering community’s professional and economic interests while promoting engineering excellence for the benefit of the public.
2015 - 2019 Strategic Plan
OSPE is the only engineering association in the province that is mandated to serve the needs of the entire engineering community, including professional engineers and all engineering graduates, interns and students. We are passionate about elevating the public profile of the engineering profession and providing the support that our members need to not only succeed, but excel in their careers.
Engage, Amplify, Excel
- Create Member Value
- Focus on Public Policy
- Raise Public Awareness
- Build Community Engagement
With this plan, we will:
- Become the association of choice for engineers and engineering professionals in Ontario
- Get more engineers talking to amplify the voice of the profession in government policy, planning discussions, and in the media
- Aggressively promote employment of engineers in the province and provide appropriate support at every stage of their careers
- Prepare members for new demands and expectations with relevant and competitive professional development offerings, by partnering with learned engineering societies